4g15T endurance

ranthor

Hello there;

My czt was around 220 hp-97 octane, with custom chipping, decat , equal length exhaust manifold, k&n pod filter, bonalume clutch and flywheel.

Also we put fuel regulator and walbro...

Was running 1.45 peak and 1.05 bar at 6000 rpm.

Decided that the turbo was not enough, I changed it with tf035 -14T ( original is 10T). Same exhaust but the compression side was 5 mm wider.

The original turbo selenoid is not enough, so I added the mbc. Also changed the cooler with 5.5 liter core fmic.

Question is ;

I am aiming for 1.3 bar cont. ( from 3500 to 6200 rpm), at 11.5 afr. ( the ignition will be optimized too).

You think it will hold? With bonalume I got 1.55 1.6 bar peak but low booat at 6000 rpm, but never run high boost on high rpm.

Is the engine durable enough for 260+hp? On singapure I saw 300 hp cars with stock internals but never know what happened to them later.

• 3 weeks later...

Not long :-)

after ecu tuning, we got 235 hp, 350 nm .

But the power graph is not good after 5000 rpm. Couldn't get a constant pressure with mbc and factory selenoid.

it is peaky. gets 1.6 bar for a second then drops to 1.2 then goes to 1.3.

I bought a better mbc and will tune it to 1.3 bar constant if the wastegate (set to 0.55) permits it.

You think it will hold? With bonalume I got 1.55 1.6 bar peak but low booat at 6000 rpm, but never run high boost on high rpm.

did you use the bonalume kit?

i have one on my car and i had 1.45 peak 1.25 until 6000 rpm and then it droped to 1.1-1.05 at 6800

i had changed my wastegate with a collins and i have a blitz boost controler

at the moment i have changed my set up....

now i have a hybric turbo (stock but with td 04 internals) and i use an external tial waste gate....

i am planning to use a custom chiptuning so i would like to ask you if you have removed the bonalume kit or

you have tune it with out removing it....

did you use the bonalume kit?

i have one on my car and i had 1.45 peak 1.25 until 6000 rpm and then it droped to 1.1-1.05 at 6800

i had changed my wastegate with a collins and i have a blitz boost controler

at the moment i have changed my set up....

now i have a hybric turbo (stock but with td 04 internals) and i use an external tial waste gate....

i am planning to use a custom chiptuning so i would like to ask you if you have removed the bonalume kit or

you have tune it with out removing it....

I used to own a bonalume kit, but now it is a custom made chip. Bonalume is not suited for hibrid turbo and more. The car runs very rich, the boost is very peaky.

The software is ecutek but we wrote our own program. If you aim a different boost map and more remove the bonalume kit & sell it.

bonalume kit and any electronic boost controller is a very bad mixup, I tried and it didn't work.

I suggest ecutek because you can see knock and injector duty.

If you aim a different boost map and more remove the bonalume kit & sell it.

i am thinking the same thing.... thanks

• 1 month later...

i am thinking the same thing.... thanks

The problem with the bonalume as you know is that it isn't new flash memory but only tricks the OEM ECU.

Most people believes that is the boost pressure the main factor that causes engine's failling. That is rong. The most serious cause is temperature. Than it is the max torque. Ie if you have a larger turbo that produces the same amount of torque but at higher RPMs the engine will last the same, if we keep the exhaust gas temperature at previous levels.

Most of engines sustain 50% more torque with stock internals and low gas temperatures, no matter the rpm point that this torque is produced.

So we can't realy say if the engine can sustain 300 BHP with stock internals.

From my experience, If you always keep the exhaust gas temperature low, all stock turbo engines can handle easily 50-70% more torque no matter the rpm point that this torque is produced.

Sorry for my pitiful english.

Archived